View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
sprokai
Lurker
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT LSB

New M40i - PCD, Seats, Potholes...

Took delivery a couple of weeks ago at the PCD in Spartanburg. Awesome day! This thing can take some serious abuse on the handling course. Off-road course was also a lot of fun.

New owner notes:

- It's quiet and smooth and solid and fast!
- It's quiet until you hit the Sport Plus setting. Then it sounds meaner than my M3 Comp!
- Acoustic Glass was worth the $150
- Ventilated Seats are totally comfortable enough for me and the wife. But they are not "body-hugging" at all, especially compared to my M3 seats, of course. We hit many very windy roads on the way home and we were sliding around as we pushed it, but no real complaints. The long highway hours were fine too.
- Ventilated Seats don't seem to ventilate all that well. I will have the dealer check this just to make sure they're working properly. I hear the fans blowing, but never really feel any cool air.
- So far no issues with mysterious tail gate opening issues
- Spare Tire option worth every penny! 80 miles from home we hit a giant pothole in the center of the highway while changing lanes. That completely destroyed the right front tire. Two gaping holes in the side wall. We drove slowly on the shoulder for two miles no problem and put the spare on to complete the trip. The wheel had a couple of small nicks, but stayed round and true.
- It was a great 750 mile drive home and we're mighty impressed overall

The Build:
2019 M40i
Phytonic Blue
Driving Assistance Package
Driving Assistance Plus
Premium Package
Executive Package
M-Sport Diff
Adaptive M Suspension
21" Wheels
Trailer Hitch
Acoustic Glass
Space Saver Spare
Front Ventilated Seats
Wireless Charging
Harmon Kardon Sound

Huge thanks to all the forum members for all the data, info, opinions, comments etc. It was extremely helpful to make an educated buying decision.
Appreciate 3
chicagofan0019077.00
MechX3M40i1006.00
JustChris17483.00