Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 i30xdrive

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedhouse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
Since I got the new one, without those headlight washers, mine is like a bloody TARDIS. I tried to top it up the other day after using for nearly two months, and it only took half a litre!
This may not apply in your case but every time I went to fill mine it only seemed to take half a litre also. It just didn't make sense to me. Turns out though I wasn't actually filling it.

After a search here I found the reason, my driveway has a slight slope, I reverse in so the car is nose down when parked. Last time I tried to fill the washer I drove in so that I was 'nose up' and filled over 5 litres.
if you bend over and look down under the Fender edge, you can see the path the tube takes from the washer fluid refill "pan". it's very oddly designed. it exits the pan, then curls around 180 degrees, and then goes back almost parallel for a bit before heading south to where I'm assuming the reservoir is. if the vehicle is tilted too much either way, it will bog down (because it cuts off any air circulation created from the actual act of filling)if you don't pour slow. I had trouble facing both directions on my driveway. had to put the dang thing in the garage itself to properly fill it up.
Appreciate 1