United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastes jigga View Post
It is somewhere in between. IMO, the standard M Sport suspension offered on the M40i is not as stiff as the Sport mode of the Adaptive M, but it is more stiff than the Comfort Mode of the Adaptive M. The first M40i I drove did not have the Adaptive suspension and I was very impressed with the balance! It's a nice compromise and I wish we had a middle mode on the Adaptive M suspension to be honest, although the Adaptive Mode does a good job of switching between the Comfort and Sport.
Great! Thank you! So seems the adaptive may not be a "must have."
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastes jigga View Post
It is somewhere in between. IMO, the standard M Sport suspension offered on the M40i is not as stiff as the Sport mode of the Adaptive M, but it is more stiff than the Comfort Mode of the Adaptive M. The first M40i I drove did not have the Adaptive suspension and I was very impressed with the balance! It's a nice compromise and I wish we had a middle mode on the Adaptive M suspension to be honest, although the Adaptive Mode does a good job of switching between the Comfort and Sport.
Great! Thank you! So seems the adaptive may not be a "must have."
I do not have adaptive on my M40i and it is tight but definitely not harsh. I am seeking ways to soften it though because of kidneys.