Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooseMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmath View Post
I just had a trunk issue today but my only guess is that it was a sensitive FOB. I have the tow package so I DONT have the kick trunk.

I was in the car, in drive, and had JUST stopped at a red light when all of the sudden 'thunk...' and the trunk opened. I had to put it in park and rush out and shut it.
You could have used the trunk open/close button on the driver's door.
This random trunk opening behaviour is perturbing.

A few days ago I went to a touchless car wash for the 1st time with my X3 and, although I have never had any unintended trunk opening, I was very concerned that the water spray would open it (the car has comfort access + kick sensor). In order to minimize a disaster - in case the lid would open - not only I kept my hands close to the trunk lid button by driver's door, I also set the minimum trunk lid opening level on iDrive. After all, the lid didn't open but I'm still worried about this issue affecting so many folks.
Count me as one of the lucky ones whom has had no issues with any car washes including the traditional ones using rotating brushes and hanging rags.

Just a general caution to all - when I first put in the OEM X3 trunk mat, the mat can slide around due to its slick bottom (it was later fixed by some strong adhesive-backed Velcro hook pieces). A few times, the trunk failed to close properly due to the mat getting in the way after I unloaded grocery and stuffs from trunk. The trunk lid would lower, but as soon as it hit the mat, it would 'rebound' back up a bit (a good safety feature to prevent children from getting squeezed), but no audible warning. However, if I did not pay attention to this and drive the car away with the trunk lid ajar, it would have opened while The car was moving. So, just always make sure trunk is closed tightly before driving.
Appreciate 0