View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #8
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another blue M40i View Post
I'd appreciate it. The problem is that I have already converted all my CDs to FLAC. I hope I don't have to do this all over again. Unless there is a converter that will do everything in all directories one batch & keep the cover photos & all directory & file structure. The earlier cars were able to play FLAC files according to my searches here, but very little info on 2020 X3's and The HK system is also an unknown factor for me.
Please keep your CDs in FLAC. FLAC is lossless, and therefore well suited for archival purposes. Once you rip to FLAC and properly tag everything, you are set. You can always batch covert all of your FLAC files to any other format you want later. I use Foobar2000 to convert from FLAC to MP3 because my wife's Benz does not play FLAC. I drag my entire FLAC collection to Foobar2000 and point it to a new "MP3" folder. The next day, the MP3 folder has a mirror structure to the FLAC folder, except all files are MP3s. Foobar2000 is freeware and portable. PM me if you are interested in this. The creation of the mirror structure is not exactly intuitive in Foobar2000 and took me a few tries to figure out.
Appreciate 2