View Single Post
      08-23-2022, 07:39 PM   #15
witha_k
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked335d View Post
Decided to start a thread about our road trip to Eastern Canada, driving our few months old X3MC and share some car pics and experiences.

Day 1.

Left Northern NJ around 6:00AM and entered Canada from eastern Maine 12 hrs later with many food/gas/rest stops.
The driver seat is pretty broken in around 1700 miles and no longer stabbing me on my left thigh vs. when brand new.
Finally averaging 20mpg and 400 mile range on full tank vs merely 12mpg 270 mile range on my daily driving.
My back and butt are surprisingly OK after driving in sports seats of an M car for 12 hrs plus. No complaints from the family as well

The car is fun to drive long distance. Used the cruise control only after entering Canada. The car play stopped working immediately after the border and then came back some time later. Had to use the car's GPS for the first time and it was really good with voice activated hotel, city, country name. Heads up display shows when the next exit is coming which is not available via carplay using google maps/wazes.

Took these shots at first stop on Hutchinson Pkwy gas station because was too excited when leaving home and forgot and it was too dark anyway.
Haven't washed the car in 2 weeks almost and looked pretty good with light dust. The forecast called for entire day of rain on day2. Noticed that after using a $20 spray on ceramic wax during car washes there is less dust.
Just took a trip from NJ to Ocean city maryland in my new 22 X3MC, it was a lovely ride 😁
Appreciate 1