ThomasR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
FSociety,

I pulled the trigger on a charge pipe/compressor pipe kit and the CTS Intercooler. However I have some questions for Pro Tuning before I order a BM3. I have PM'd proTUNING Freaks got no response and then send them the same message via their contact page on the website. Still nothing. Do you know of how to get them to respond?

I have a 2015 X3 that has a PWG.

I pulled the stock intercooler today to compare to the CTS. Let me save you some trouble, it's not even close to a bolt on. I'm putting mine up for sale. Bottom of the front rubber seal and plastic would have to seriously be hacked because it's so much thicker. Also the side 'mounts' stock are two bolts about 1.75 apart whereas the CTS F30 unit is a single center bolt. The tab where the bolts would go is also too far down which would necessitate a fabricated bracket of some sort or something welded to the intercooler. No thanks.

I think the best bet would be to wait until someone makes an X3/X4 intercooler OR maybe the new X3 M 4.0 Intercooler is larger and fits.

I took some pics of mine and I guess I'm going to list it on F30 Bimmerpost classifieds...
Appreciate 0