suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jse81 View Post
Thanks suby for the ongoing updates.

Can BMW tell your DME is unlocked? What are your plans when taking it back to BMW for service?
Any dealer for any manufacturer is able to know anything about your car.
I know from personal experience 10 years ago with an Infiniti that was AWD and they also limited top speed to 130MPH. I had a warranty claim and they said how were you able to reach a recorded 160MPH speed? They even knew how many times the car was redlined in the last X miles. Again this was 10 years ago.
Im pretty sure today they can even tell if you had Cheerios or Fruit Loops for breakfast.

As for BMW service anytime Im going into the dealer I have the option of removing the tune. Process is less than 5 min total. And typically the dealer shouldn't care to dig deep into my ECU history on a scheduled maintenance. Unless its a critical catastrophic warranty claim then OH WELL. Hope that never happens again but it all then depends on your relationship with your service manager pretty much.
Even having the option to fully lock back the ECU and deleting all tune data with the BM3 software. Its never fully wiped.
That's the risk everyone takes when doing any type of modification on your car.

Oh and did I tell you guys that I love the car even more now? Mid 3 sec 0-60 is all you need.
Appreciate 2
Alias1431795.00
LimiX4m40152.50