View Single Post
      11-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #10
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Good to hear more subjective opinion on the lag and ride comfort that matches what a lot of owners are saying, that neither issue is that bad. Those numbers are pretty nuts (especially skidpad) but as someone who has never and will never use launch control, the 5-60 time is somewhat unfortunate. Still fast to be sure.
Yeah I agree, 99% of these will see the 5-60 street start times only, even with AWD, launch control at stop lights is not recommended. That is where the current M3/M4 in decent/good conditions will still win off the line. If nothing changes the new M3 will also be plagued with this issue and thats a problem.

owning one, I can tell you that is really the only time I feel the lag, when first accelerating from a dead stop, once going especially in sport/sport+ mode there is no lag and its just crazy fast. But it can be frustrating at the start.

As I have said in a few other posts, anyone coming from M3/M4 or similar ride quality will be thrilled with the ride comfort of the X3M/X4M. Even on 21" wheels it blows away my old M3, ignore the critics who are trying to compare it to the likes of a GLE400 with air suspension.

That is amazing that it has better skidpad and breaking numbers than the M340i given its size/weight. But at stop light looks like it might be a pretty close race, unless you are going past 60 than the X4M will pull away. Even the M340i has better top gear times than the X4M, something is off with that.
Appreciate 1
Transfer5251.00