View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
Chicone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 X35i M-SPORT

Video: Stolen X3 flips over during police pursuit in Pierce Co. (F25 X3)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
X3 Engine was ripped out. Thief only had a broken arm.

Video of crash: https://komonews.com/news/local/viol...sue-stolen-suv

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. -- A violent crash was caught on camera after a police pursuit of a stolen SUV in Pierce County Tuesday.

Pierce County deputies spotted the stolen BMW driving recklessly around 1:30 p.m. When they attempted to pull it over, the driver took off.

Deputies pursued the SUV. The fleeing driver attempted to pass several vehicles, but hit a Puyallup Tribe patrol car, sending it airborne before crashing near 72nd Street East and 44th Ave East.

A surveillance camera at Mears Roofing captured the SUV crash.

“I’m kind of at a loss for words," said Trini Balles, who got a first look at the wrecked BMW on Wednesday. “When it all happened, I was super devastated. Now I’m just glad it’s over."

The car was stolen last Friday. She left it running at an apartment complex, and within one minute, surveillance video shows two men pulling up. One hopped into her car and drived off, taking her purse and other personal items with it.

“It was devastating, you don’t realize the violation it causes on you as a person,” Balles said.

Doug Rody ran out to help and saw the mangled SUV, its engine ripped out in the crash.

“I just heard this crazy sound, gnarliest sound I’ve heard in my life,” Rody said. “There’s no way anybody should survive anything like that."

The driver suffered a broken arm and was brought to the hospital. The Sheriff’s Office says he will be booked for Felony Eluding and Possession of a Stolen Vehicle.

Rody says that the man seen in this video is the one who crashed the car. He has a long criminal history, and now faces charges of felony eluding and possession of a stolen vehicle.

Balles is still shaken and unsure if she’ll find her stolen stuff.

"I’m not gonna lie, there’s a lot of tears haha,” she said.

“I know I’ll never leave the car running again,” she added.

Stolen BMW X3

2015 BMW X1 35i MSport // BMS Intake
Appreciate 3
soooma1377.50
IanW555484.50
bcoz80.50