fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2733 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Yes major issue. Not disclosing much information out of respect to my close friend (I want to avoid him receding any negative publicity or blowback from something he shouldn't), but since they are as you say, if the damage is between 0 and under 3 or 4 thousand, the carrier insurance won't cover damages and driver will bail on you and take the few hundred dollar loss to avoid paying thousands in damages.

Red carpet will also just keep dragging their feet (been 4 months of back and fourth) until the client hopefully gives up.
I mean it's ultimately the driver's responsibility but red carpet provided the insurance policy of the driver for my transport (without asking). It's easy enough to go after the driver with that...
Yes, but since red carpet offered minimal support, and does what every other broker in the country does, there is literally no point in choosing them over any other broker. I also was not aware that I'd be shit out of luck if there is any damage to the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2733 View Post
I mean it's ultimately the driver's responsibility but red carpet provided the insurance policy of the driver for my transport (without asking). It's easy enough to go after the driver with that...
Uh no, if I contact a company to ship my car, I expect that company to be responsible for any issues.
That's what I was assuming. There would be some kind of assistance from the broker. Red carpet did not even refund me the cost of shipping (which was only a third of the price of the damage) so I'd consider their customer service to be atrocious.