05-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #23
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMe90 View Post
Agree 100 percent. Forum members have been saying this for years. By going more mainstream and turning into a German Toyota, BMW abandoned the very competitive edge that made BMW successful in the first place. Modern BMWs are soft, disconnected, and overpriced. That's a recipe for failure. $55k for a four cylinder 3 series, with no manual transmission, dead steering, and questionable reliability is crazy.
Yep, not just about 3 series but across the entire range they have been doing things that people don't like once tried. For instance putting m badges on regular series without giving those much of M anything, or wrapping mini coopers into bmw skin and selling it as a BMW.

They don't seem to learn from mistakes. They should look into what other people do with BMW, for example alpina - they take this half baked products and make them into very good machines. Or look into other tuners. For some reasons bmw have become unsatisfying machines unless you do something to them. Why not do this right from the beginning?
GMe90356.00