Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
We'll see...

Tesla still has a major advantage in their batteries and supercharger network.

If it wasn't for Tesla, the rest of the car industry wouldn't be doing much of anything.

Now look at them all scrabbling to catch up... They're so far behind it's absolutely ridiculous.
You are likely absolutely correct about the stimulating effect Tesla has had, and good for them for doing that. The industry has lots of catching up to do and Tesla has certain structural advantages already in place.

I think our prior conversation was about two different issues...the leading edge strategic move Elon made vs. the rest of the industry following from far behind (your point) and the quality of the first efforts for the as-built vehicles as a whole being understandably low for a first try, although there were several things even a beginner could have done better. (my point).

Depending on your acceptance of the widespread and significant design and quality stumbles they experience, we may have no disagreement at all.
Agreed.

My wife wants either the Polestar 2 or The Electric XC40.

I'd never except a car with some of the issue Tesla cars currently have.

However once they fix all the little things, they will dominate even more than they currently do.