View Single Post
      11-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #28
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Please, you are clearly stuck in a reality distortion field.

Let me bring you up to reality... Tesla has two huge advantages over the rest of the slackers in the car industry.

Tesla has the rest of the car industry beat by making their own batteries, and by their worldwide supercharger network.
Yes, they have a business plan advantage with batteries. I did not dispute that. But, you don't drive a battery; you drive a complete vehicle. Tesla's shortcoming is designing and building the vehicles surrounding the battery. First to market carries risk, especially for a novice, and it has shown from poor body-in-white design, assembly, interior trim, electronic failures, inability to paint, failure to design adequate interior rear door handles, and now chip failures stranding cars, etc, etc.

So-called slackers are in this for the long run and soon will provide an array of product choices based on far superior overall automotive knowledge and experience. Patience is well-advised for such an investment. Perhaps in 5-10 years, Tesla may figure out the rest of the equation beyond the battery and powertrain. For now, they offer novel, fast, efficient, exciting mediocrity.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00