View Single Post
      01-11-2024, 09:26 PM   #1
salukimike
Private
Rep
Drives: Grand AM GT

Hi All, just want to share an experience I had with a seller on this forum so you can avoid wasting your own $.

First, I have tried to settle this with the seller off forum but he is ignoring me. I don’t want anyone else to be out $ like I am so it’s time to share after months of back and forth.

A few months ago I bought a set of rims and tires from 05Mdriver. These were marketed in good condition and no damage was noted on the listing and he had limited pictures (none showing the damage you see below).

I received the wheels and had them mounted as winter got closer, initially I noticed some vibration issues. I contacted the buyer initially wanting these to be returned, seller refused unless I paid for return shipping claiming it was only ‘cosmetic damage’. See images. I disagreed with this and we went back and forth with no resolution. For a seller that seems to sell a lot of rims on this forum he would have noticed they were repainted at some point in my opinion.

His comments:

“The original listing did indeed state used wheels which came off of a CPO car - I did no repairs and had no knowledge of repairs. I did know they were completely functional though.

You seemed to have had buyers remorse days after purchase and have been searching for an excuse to return which is not fair.

The wheels are good - usable and functional - please attempt to actually use them and then come to me with an issue other than cosmetic so we can rectify. “

I took the wheel in and tire shop found a rim leak. Good thing I caught it before destroying the run flat. Further investigation found the rims had previously been repaired and a weld was broken.

I had the rim repaired at my own cost $225. I would have been satisfied if seller offered to cover this cost which seems the fair thing to do.

Long story short, be careful who you buy from, and ask lots of questions. I’d also think twice before ever buying anything from 05Mdriver.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0