View Single Post
      04-25-2023, 05:36 AM   #438
madmaz
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M Sport

Thank you...

Hi,

I am a new owner of a 2019 X3 M Sport, and I want to thank everyone that has contributed in this thread.

Because it has helped me figure out why android auto isn't already available on the car when apple carplay is, and idrive 7 and cockpit live is installed.

I tried to download updates from BMW's software update page, but got the message that there weren't any updates available.

I then phoned ConnectedDrive and I was told that the car was up to date and because it was a S15A build (S15A-19-07-563 to be exact) that remote software and android auto couldn't be installed.

I then found this post, which helped me find what the actual software version displayed in the car using the Imprint screen - 07/19. The same version that the car was built with (car built 11/19)...!

I then phoned ConnectedDrive again and explained what I had found and agreed, they didn't understand why I was told the car was up to date. They said the latest version for the car is 03/23 and I should arrange for a dealer to update.

When I phoned the dealer (UK), they initially tried to say it wasn't something they dealt with and I should contact ConnectedDrive.
I booked appointments with 2 of the dealers closest to me to get the earliest possible date and found that they charge different prices - £180 / £195

I'm now booked in for May 18th and will let you know if android auto or anything else gets installed / enabled.
Appreciate 0