Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
I was there as well and saw the X3M too. I was in such awe with it's presence and look that I didn't even stop and glance at the new Z4. Then again, I've been waiting for the X3M for a couple of years. The "in person" look is absolutely amazing. The vehicle is very aggressive looking and the interior is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of one and go for a drive. That being said, the rep there did hand me the keys and let me start it up. It has a fantastic sound at startup, but it does sound similar to the S55 in the current M3. Lastly, the roof rails will be either black or silver, as has always been an option on all X3s (I'm in my 2nd X3 now, both have had black, silver is usually the "option" so it's most likely what you'll see on the press vehicles), and as mentioned, I don't like the badging either, but I've never liked black badges at all... However, easy fix.

For those unsure, trust me, you'll be impressed when you get to see it firsthand.

Let me also state, I am by no means a photographer, only snapped these quick pics to show the wife... Again, pictures don't do it justice.
Thanks for sharing and glad to hear it was much more impressive in person. Your pics definitely make it look a little more special than the previous pics as the body lines really stand out more in that light.

As for badging, I'm going to debadge and maybe replace with just an ///M badge in chrome similar to my 1M (not a fan of black badging). There's too much going on back there.
I have a funny thing with badges, I always order and replace with custom color matched badges... For instance, here's a couple pics of my cars.
Attached Images

Past: '11 E91 335is, '11 E90 M3, '10 X5M, '14 328d, '03 330i Dinan3 ZHP, '04 330i ZHP, '12 X3 35i
Appreciate 4
Transfer5254.00
rem40i132.00