View Single Post
      05-20-2022, 06:38 AM   #72
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Mini x 2, Lotus x 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
I actually did look into the X5M brake upgrade! I saw Kevin_The_Clean1 created a thread about it but I didn't realize people had them up and running already. It is certainly something I have my eye on at some point. I don't have immediate plans on pulling the trigger so I figured just a pad upgrade would serve me well for now. I love that I don't have to fork over $4k for Brembo's like I did on my S4 haha!

As for tire pressures, I do agree with you. As you mentioned, those work great on the street and I always air down to achieve my best runs. I haven't had a chance to launch the 265/295 combo on the street just yet so I'll report back when I can.

The same tire pressures don't really translate to a prepped track though. Nearly every time I dropped that low in an AWD car with a "brake boost" style launch control it never can hold the car back. Which is what led me to experimenting with upping the PSI. It may work for some instances but most of the time, from my personal experiences, I always have to air up with street tires at the track.
Cheers for the explanation, that is very interesting re road and strip differences for air pressures.
If you do decide to update the brakes, just make sure you get either the x5m brakes or the M5 calipers with the right adaptor.

Mine arrived perfectly ready to go, so I was obviously lucky having the right brackets, Kevin was unlucky and had a lot more trouble.

Btw, I have reached out to PJ about the tune update, will see if he thinks its worthwhile.
Appreciate 3
BrockDM2043.00
Nippa16.50