View Single Post
      12-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #18
MRichmond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR, e60 M5, e36 IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
The Berkeley Plantation provides a beautiful backdrop to your excellent images, MRichmond. We have great memories of our trip to that area over 25 years ago, and fortunately had time to visit all of the homes on the James River tour.

With your long history of BMW ownership, I'm curious if a part of you is missing the Gestalt of the M lines? I ask because we also took a break from BMW and tried a number of different Mnfrs, but at the end of the day none of them completely fit the bill for us. We're back now and although I won't say never, I honestly don't see us leaving again.
Good eye! I have been a huge fan of the M cars for 30 years, and greatly enjoyed each one I had. Maybe it's still the honeymoon phase with the SVR, but I am not missing the Ms so far, largely because the SVR has proven to be such an involving and fun driving experience. The sound is a big part of it, but so is the comfort, appearance and taut fun-to-drive factor. I also noticed a significant shift in priorities once I started racing. Since nothing on the street or in a street car can even approach the visceral experience of a fully built race car on a race track, my on-street preferences have veered more toward every day usability and comfort while maintaining fun, but without the emphasis on what the street car theoretically could do at its limit since it would be foolish and highly illegal to even approach the limits of these cars on the street. We will see what the future holds, and I certainly could see returning to the M line depending on the offerings.
Appreciate 0