View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
airbug1009
Thailand
Rep
Drives: F30 330e M Sport

Can't decide between RFT or normal tires

My X3 tire setup is 245/45/19 on front and 275/40/19 that came with Pirelli P Zero rft. After 34k kilometers, the rear is almost the the end of its life so I'm looking into changing it. The only think I like about the P Zero tires is the visual appearance, comfort is absolutely mediocre as it ride like a solid rock especially for rear passengers. Since I'm usually the one driving it, I didn't notice much until recently I sat on the rear seats for a 20 minute ride on normal road and I was going crazy. The rear seat is really a living hell to be. The X3 can with normal standard suspension.

I have been deciding between rft vs normal tires and I thought I would go for normal tires. After many calls to local tire shops, I was again at a cross road. Most of them do not have normal tires for my size and all strongly recommend rft. There was one shop that have non run flat Yokohama advan tires but the price is the same as rft.

Below are the rft that is available in my country:
1. Pirelli P Zero pz4 rft
2. Pirelli Cinturato P7 rft
2. Michelin primacy 3 zp
3. Bridgestone s001 rft

My priority is ride comfort.
Please let me have your comments on which offer the most comfortable ride. Thanks to all!
Appreciate 0