View Single Post
      01-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
geob
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X4 M40i

Help - Larger Tire Diameter & Width over Stock on 20" M40i?

Hi Guys,

I am newer to the club with my 2017 X4 M40i.
Photos will come. lol

Anyway I have been searching and researching trying to determine something that hopefully someone can help with.

I currently have stock 20" M40i staggered wheels/tires.
MPSS run flats
245/40ZR20 (stock wheel 20x8.5 ?)
275/35ZR20 (stock wheel 20x10 ?)

I am in Southern NJ and leaning towards getting UHPAS tires as opposed to a whole new set of wheels and tires for winter. If snow is too bad/deep (hasn't happened much lately) I stay home. That's the plan anyway. lol

Trying to decide on M.A/S 3+ vs C.DWS06. Size may be the determining factor.

I think a slightly larger diameter would accomplish a couple desirable things (again it's an M40i).
I would also do a slightly wider front and rear while I am at it.
Then get spacers as/if needed.

- Look better by filling in left/right/height wheel wells better, esp since I'm not wanting to lower or change springs

- Give a slightly more comfortable/softer ride. Yes I know at the expense of aggressive cornering/turning, etc esp with the DWS06. I don't track it, etc so will be fine with that.

So my main questions are:

1 - Any one experience any of the above and care to share comments/feedback on my thoughts about them?

2 - Will going from M.PSS RF to M.A/S 3+ NRF (stock size) be a little softer/comfortable or are they similar?
They are both considered and reviewed as "firm", but not sure how much firmer ones is compared to the other, if at all). Hopefully someone has direct experience.

3 - Anyone know the max diameter for a tires that will fit with stock M40i (not lowered, etc)?

Stock is about 27.6 and other options are about + 1.1 to 1.7

STOCK M.PSS
245/40ZR20 (27.7d x 9.6w)
275/35ZR20 (27.6d x 10.8w)

4 - Anyone know the max width can fit on stock wheels (spacers will be used as needed to push out a little closer to fender regardless)

STOCK WHEELS (I believe):
20x8.5 Front
20x10 Rear

I gather 285 and possibly 295 should be fine.

I am having a hard time finding a slightly taller/diameter and slightly wider (rear fronts have more options) in the C.DWS06 or M.A/S 3+. And seems these 2 are the ones to get, over all the other brands/models as far as I am reading for my area. Nothing is ever easy. lol

Thank you all in advance for you input/advice!!
Geo
Appreciate 0