05-25-2021, 12:25 PM   #16
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4 View Post
I'm sorry, compared to the OEM springs, these cars DO NOT NEED a 20% increase in stiffness. 🙄
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
You've got a point there :
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
More stiff than stock for a 1" drop...oh man. I hope someone makes this a track only car, because I couldn't withstand the stock stiffness...
We will just have to agree to disagree. I didn't find the ride quality stock to be very harsh. Of all the stock setups the M2C was hands down the stiffest stock suspension of recent memory and when we went a bit stiffer (albeit with linear instead of progressive springs like stock) I think most agree the ride quality got better as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozumasbullitt View Post
They claim ride quality is unaffected but I don't want to be the test case. I am interested in closing the wheel gap a little but the other options out there soften things up too much and negatively impact handling. In theory, these springs will improve handling but it may not be worth the potential sacrifice of ride quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
None of us will ever know if stock ride quality is maintained for the most part. Until one of goes under the knife. Wish all shops had a demo car for reference to ride a long in for a few miles.
Sold a fair amount of sets the first week so hopefully someone from the forums is one of them and will report back first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
I'm tempted to go this route b/c for me it's hard to tolerate how the stock suspension handles bumpy roads. Way too floaty. Almost to the point of giving my passengers motion sickness. Want a set up that will eat up those bumps better and ride a bit more composed for everyday use. Not really bothered by the otherwise "stiffness" folks claim they don't enjoy on this M model
This synopsis is pretty much spot on to the feeling here in the building.
Appreciate 1
spdandpwr441.00