View Single Post
      09-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #20
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It really is a special ride for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTScapes View Post
So you didn't hold out for a CF roof
Knew it was probably a pipe dream to even bring it up in that CFRP roof thread, but I would’ve optioned it had they offered. At least we were able to option out of the moon roof (and delete the spare).
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
And the M pillows made a roaring comeback .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNick72 View Post
Max - glad yours made it to you and that you’re loving it. Those rear seat pillows are a nice touch!
Ha! Arciga18 remembers my DIY pillow thread! They actually have been great to have as some family members have lumbar issues, so they’ve gotten some good use on longer trips. And given their size, if folks don’t need them, one fits in the center armrest cavity and the other serves as a comfortable cushion for the forearms for both L/R passengers (including an image here to show, and also some images of the ASD Bypass install).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Max, it's a gorgeous ride. Love that interior shot as well; that's the same combination I chose! Why only the partial rear debadge? I'm gonna ppf my car on all sides and do a complete rear debadge. Full on stealth!
Thanks, and good question, MrItaly. One of the reasons I chose BSM was to allow the rails and fake breathers to blend in with the paint. For some reason that aesthetic appeals more to my eyes, allowing the F97's overall lines to blend rather than any one aspect being highlighted. As the ‘Competition’ lettering is really visible the rear end appeared cluttered to me. Plus I don’t wish to advertise to Law Enforcement that I’m looking for a race on their streets (and actually a Sheriff slowed in the passing lane on my way home from picking her up and tailed me for quite a ways – maybe he was just interested in a closer look)!! But the Black lettering of the X3 makes it almost invisible so thought I’d leave that. I kind of wish the fake breather and front grill X3 emblems had similar black lettering…
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3 View Post
Wow. That does look fantastic in all black. Congrats! I do love the all black interior as well. And.. You won the tire lottery also. Nice!
Thanks, TJS – I agree, had my fingers crossed we'd get the Michelins!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1