Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnaggs View Post
Pic of the x3 and I’ll throw in a pic of my 335d for good measure

I do work on my own cars, used to be a truck mechanic years ago and then worked on euro bikes for 5 years. So I’m pretty handy around tools. Did all the work on my D myself, albeit not always fun.

I hear ya, and don’t disagree kiemyster. Torque is a vary persuasive feeling, almost intoxicating. It is hard to gain a good base to measure by after driving something like the m57. Although I have driven many cars through my years, and maybe I’m just outta touch with reality, but this n55 feels like a NA engine to me. Maybe bmw purposely designed the n55 to feel like that, but then when I search these forums I get 50% of people saying how the n55 is a torque monster, and the other 50% asking how they can increase torque cause they feel the same as I do. So I guess I’m just confused as to how this engine is supposed to feel. At the same time I’m hesitant that a dealer will give me a straight answer knowing that the car is still under warranty.
damnnnn she looks GREAT! I love the wheels on it too, i never see them that often in person. The e90 looks boss as well, love the setup on that as well she looks like she can eat a pothole or two with ease.

Since you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, check all the obvious things first that are within your scope... I.e for me I try to do anything that does not require heavy duty specialized equipment (but don't ask me to remove a wheel bearing lol). So if you have the tools to service the part, check it. I highly suggest getting a carly scanner, really straightforward and has not failed me yet among the fleet of 8 BMWs I work on. Check for codes, refer to bentley publishers manual and check all faults. Also, check intake filter, pull out & inspect coil packs and spark plugs, do a quick vacuum leak check, use engine bay cam or dental mirror and fully inspect all engine connections. You know the drill.

Maybe check 0-60 times with a free on phone app? If you have hp/tq dispays via idrive, see what they read out. Curious to see how this plays out. But since it is covered by warranty, have them assign a master tech to go over the car and see what happens?