View Single Post
      10-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshu View Post
On Sunday I was driving my wife's 2014 X3 (x35) and as I went to pass someone on the highway, the car lost power for a second and then drivetrain malfunction error popped up with CEL. Became extremely difficult to accelerate and I tried not to push it too much. Car immediately sounded like shit - almost like a go kart and so I pulled over about a quarter mile after this happened. There was white smoke coming out of the exhaust and distinct smell of gas. Super rough idle so I popped the hood and engine was shaking pretty bad so I shut it off.

I had tried leaving the car off for like 30 minutes and hoping something would reset, but no luck. Had to drive home about 4-5 miles going about 30 the whole way and trying really hard to avoid using the accelerator.

Had it towed to an indy shop (out of warranty :/ ) and they said all 6 cylinders are misfiring, 1 of the coilpacks is completely black, and he thinks the HPFP is shot - he's still researching - but I guess makes sense why the car was bucking so much under any amount of acceleration.

Anyone else had a similar issue? I've been checking all the F series N55 forums and can't find much that is similar.
Cracked charge pipe perhaps?
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0