10-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #16
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
This is the stock size on my X4 M40i. Have you run this size before?

I ask, b/c I noticed BMW is running a square setup on the GO2 and thought it might be due to customer complaints about replacing 4 tires when they think they only need two?

So, Since the car has a rear wheel bias; I'd appreciate some input on tire wear front to back w/staggered setups. Do you find that you the rears are wearing significantly faster than the fronts?

Based on my driving style, I'm thinking I'll wear out the front outer shoulders and they'll need to be replaced along w/the rears?

Thoughts?
My setup is also staggered from factory:
245/45 R19 Y (98)
275/40 R19 Y (101)

Over the course of 16,000 miles from new tyre wear has been even across front and rear which is very good given that 80% of my driving is on rough twisty B-roads. Only during the recent 3 months have the front outer started grating away like cheese.

I have full alignment/tracking scheduled tomorrow and it will likely sort out the excessive toe out that has resulted in excessive wear on front outside edges.

Going forward I will keep a close eye on tyre wear and do alignment as soon as I discover uneven tyre wear. After all, tracking is just 20% of the cost of new tyres.