View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 12:22 AM   #38
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN*2FLY View Post
Very interested in where this build goes. I’ve got 500 miles on mine now and a couple of things are coming to mind:

1) I’m going to call it ‘the wheel well liner’ - it’s the body colored piece that looks like it’s bolted on to the inside of the wheel well. If it is indeed an appendage, then this part is begging to be replaced with something that flares a little wider allowing for bigger wheel/tire sets.

2) I’m no wheel figment guru, but the thought of 20” BBS FI-Rs in Diamond Black finish on my DMG X3M Comp is *very* tempting. Hopefully something like this is possible with BBS’ FI-R offerings.

Coupling the above can make the stance much more aggressive, IMO.
Note that the new cars are 5x112 which would limit you to the 20x9" 35mm designed for the R8 and Huracan and 20x9.5" 25mm designed for the RS7 and a bunch of other VAG products.

As the RS7 is a heavy bastard I'd go with that setup all around as they will be strong enough. I'm not sure if the Huracan one would be strong enough for the front of an X3M.