08-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #66
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
Please provide links that show gains 2-3X that of a piggyback... so like 120-180 hp? Or just links that show comparisons please, I have been trying to figure out which route I should go.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1516067

Mind you this is the first tuner to officially tune the B58 but a solid 70whp is pretty darn good for a bone stock car...especially when you factor in the drivability, shifting, fueling limits, etc. If Dinan is only getting 30-35whp this is 2X. You factor in you can't do Stg2 with most piggybacks and yes I'm sure you will easily see 100+whp.

Not meaning to start a tuner/piggyback war but personally having just about every piggyback over the last 2yrs on my B58 340i I haven't been that impressed. The B58 with the 8AT and torque intervention just hasn't done well with piggybacks. Once you get above the "common" Stg1 piggyback you start running into drivability issues, drivetrain malfunctions, shift delays, etc. I'm sure it's no secret why Dinan doesn't push it too far and why I settled on their tune for now. If you just want to through a splash of E85 in their and run some good 1/4 mile times the JB4 is it...however the drivability isn't there imo. If you want proof there's already a few members who have converted from JB4, AA Active-8, Dinan etc
Appreciate 0