08-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #61
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
I was only looking for a mild boost in performance. If I wanted extreme, I would have purchased it elsewhere.

It's absurd that a company releases a product and cannot provide adequate support. That applies here (since they obviously have a forum presence) and to their customers and installation facilities.

We planned on purchasing Dinan products for our cars and this lack of product responsibility certainly doesn't sit well with us. I expected that Dinan would have provided a root cause to the problem and corrected it in a reasonable amount of time. Simply overnight a replacement unit and request the defective unit for analysis. I get it, [it] happens so just own it. Leaving Quick18 to wait days for not is truly unacceptable. That tells me there is simply no sense of urgency for Dinan to 'do the right thing'.

Since I believe that Dinan Engineering is actually reading these threads. Show us the respect we deserve and tell us what happened (for this situation) and how you're going to address future occurrences.
Have no idea what the problem with the unit may or may not of been as it never got that far but I guess we will see what the problem may have been once the unit is back. Have been talking to Quick18 and the short of it is there was a breakdown in the warranty/tech support process as to how the ticket was handled itself. Now that the flaw in the system has been identified however we are looking at solutions to rectify it so it cannot happen in the future. It was a dumb mistake and I will be the first to say it shouldn't have happened but, unfortunately, it did.
Appreciate 5
///Monika186.50
j1980mac262.50
sinbad4782.50
BMWZ41909.50