View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #60
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
Yeah, I’m struggling with their numbers.
My 340iT has been dyno’d by a well known independent here in the UK on a dyno which is known to be consistent and that showed 335bhp (crank) which is over what BMW specify but only by a dozen horsepower.
I believe Dinan’s gains (+25hp, +30lbft) just not the outright numbers.

When my M40i finally arrives I’ll take it down to Surrey Rolling Road and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
Every rolling road shows different numbers, but if you use the same rolling road for a "before" and an "after" you can usually get a good handle on what changes have been produced.... hence my comment about finding the +25/30 believable, even if i don't believe the actual numbers.
I'm having the same trouble with their reported crank and wheel numbers, verysideways. The Sim I put together about 4 years ago uses reported HPs as crank and then I use 80% as the number for the wheels to actually see, and the curves it has generated over the years on different platforms across a number of Mnfrs are roughly accurate when c/w real world drag data (at least at the higher speeds with the F25, F26, F30 and current G01 I've compared). Here is a comparison graph I put together today after adding the Jaguar F-Pace SVR and emmanuelyoo's JB4-mod and GT500R's stock runs.

Will definitely be interested in seeing your numbers from Surrey Rolling Road as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0