View Single Post
      08-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #55
HornMfan
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
I totally understand Dinan's standpoint. I run a business, and if I wasn't very choosy about where to focus my efforts, I would not be nearly as profitable. You have to learn how to say "no" and be smart about where efforts are focused. It's often hard to convey that to a customer who thinks their wants/needs are important and represent a whole market, but I am sure Dinan knows sales numbers very well and can gauge demand better than we can. Just because some customers want a product doesn't mean you can make a business case for it.
I can totally appreciate that standpoint. But, I'd argue that there are cars for which they have done several stage kits for that may have better overall sales numbers, but the % of those sales that are being sold to anyone that will actually mod a car are smaller (like the 428i x-drive). This car is being purchased by people far more interested in increasing it's ability than many of the more basic coupes and sedans they've got better kits for. That's all...
Appreciate 0