Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Decisions decisions. To have a Ferrari or to not? Isn't that really the choice? And if so, the decision is simple. Yes. Please.

What are they running price wise again?

Have you driven a 360? The performance is somewhat underwhelming (IMO) unless you are launching hard (I would guess, but I wasn't allowed to), but a nice car still, and great sound.

Good luck either way!

There are a few items on the PPI that are worthy of worry, but not extensively so.

This one is being offered at $82,000. You can find them for the $70K range if you are willing to accept higher miles are some issues that will need to be addressed. Mint condition and low miles, around $90K. $115K and up for a nice example with a proper manual. These prices are all for 2002 and newer. The older cars are a bit cheaper, but have some issues.

Regarding driving - I've actually never driven a 360. I've sat in one. I've also driven a 430 (same car, just 80hp more), a 458, a Cali, and a F355. It isn't the speed that matters to me - they are all plenty fast for me. The typical 360 will hit 100kmh in around 4.5sec. I am more interested in the aesthetics of the car, the sound - oh the sound, and the handling. So long as it's quicker than a Miata - I'm good. LOL.
Dooooood. You need to drive one before you buy what sounds like the biggest car purchase in your life (sorry if I'm assuming too much).

The 360 is a fine car, but you need to experience it to know that it's the car for you. The handling and sound must be experienced, particularly since it's a convertible. That F1 transmission is...not for everyone.

I'm not trashing the car, but an exotic is such an emotional purchase that you need to know you'll have the right reaction. Just lookin out for ya
Meh. I appreciate the concern, but this is me.

I never drove a BMW of any kind before I bought my E93, and I bought it sight unseen. It's now my daily driver.

Same goes for my first Miata and a few other cars.

It's not for everyone, but this is how I am. I've driven an F1 430 at length and put several hundred miles on a 458 and a California. I'm comfortable enough with the purchase.