________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
CPO has nothing to do with that...
I see from your post history that you've been equally helpful to others. Aren't you so clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Yes I had to buy a pack of 10 white plastic rivets to replace the 10 I drilled out. Took me 2 days to do it but now that I know where all the screws and grommets are and the sequence to remove them, could do it in a day now on my own
Thank you for the inspiration! I started down this path too (dropping your Torx screwdriver into the grill cavity is annoying) but then decided to try going in through the wheel well liner:

Here's a picture of the PDC sensor from the inside:

Yep, definitely broken. As others have said, the sensor itself clips into a plastic mounting plate. On this side, the plate was reattached by the previous owner/dealer with gray RTV-like stuff (which eventually failed). Here's some scraps of what I peeled off:

On the other (good) side of the car, the mounting plate was firmly attached with whatever adhesive tape is used from the factory, with no RTV in sight.

I used some JB Weld WaterWeld putty to adhere the mounting plate back to the inside of the front bumper. Hopefully it holds better than the last repairer.

While under the car, I also noticed three cracks (at three different places) in the plastic undertray, plus at least four missing fasteners. I'm not too impressed with this CPO certification thing.
You're welcome.
I enjoy telling people what they could've easily read on their contracts.
Appreciate 0