Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post

Hilarious.

No AWD for Corvette.

I'm not talking about being on a racetrack.

I'm talking about in real life on a moist road or in the twisties.
Well, I didn't account for "Moist conditions". In the twisites, I assume your talking about wet roads again? The ZO6/ZR1 pulls well over a G and would annihilate an X3M/X4M (Or any other M I know of) on the street in dry conditions. Of course the Vette loses stop light to stop light, it wouldnt be close. I've done many 800-1100 HP builds in Vettes/Vipers, even with MT ET Streets or R888Rs, the Vettes not going to beat an AWD WRX stop light to stop light. American cars have come a long way, the C8 is proof of that. They also do it far cheaper than the Germans.

I'm a car lover, and appreciate cars from all over (Porsche, BMW, AMG, GTR). For the price and Performance, American cars are hard to beat. As I've gotten older, I am starting to appreciate the refinement of German cars (AMG, M cars). I sold my 1k hp Hellcat recently, and do miss the raw, visceral instanity that is a suprcharged American V8. But I will say this little M motor is phenomenal, as is the handling for an SAV. But it's not aa sports car, comparing it to Corvette is a little silly. All that said, Im very happy with my X4M Comp, and can't wait until the wheels/Tires/Lowering and tuning is done. BMW did an excellent job on this car, I just hit 1k miles and this motor impresses me more every time i drive it. (Rant over, im a little bored)
The Shelby GT 350and 500 deserve a nod too
Appreciate 0