Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdougherty85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Orman View Post
Gas mileage running E85 is pretty bad. That said, I am probably driving even more aggressively with E85 than premium but I would guess my mpg has gone from 15 mpg to 11 mpg. I am not sure if getting a Dorch 2 will do anything but make this worse. That is unless the guys at MHD can work some magic with a custom tune. Given the scarcity of E85 fuel if I were to take a road trip I am feeling somewhat conflicted about the whole endeavor. That said, premium fuel prices are so goddamn nuts in CA (6.69 a gallon) that I am still probably saving on the margin but their ain't no free lunch in any of this.
Whew, if I was only getting like 180-190 miles per tank, I'd be a little worried lolol.

Glad you like the E85 tune, though... I was wrong when I said not to do it. Most of the B58 research I'd done was pointing towards E30-50 blends, but I'm not surprised they're able to tune the full E85 (although E85 is really only E51-E83).

I would also guess that Dorch stage 2 won't help your gas mileage, but I'm not an expert lol
The E85 I run is high quality Propel E85 is CA…much closer to 80ish ethanol according to local tests. The fuel mileage hit is an issue if I give my wife the car for a road trip.
Appreciate 0