View Single Post
      06-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #103
lux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2, 2011 E90 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hey BMW, look, I get it, products like the X3 are the real money makers for the business. This new X3 design is great and it will probably sell like hotcakes. Even the outgoing X3, which is a few years old managed to outsell the more freshly designed vehicles, like the G-generation 7 and 5-Series. I understand business economics. However, this is still no excuse to not design an all-new engine for the F90 M5. Hell, if you would have designed a proper new ///M engine, be it a six-cylinder or V10 for the next F90 M5, it would probably not have impacted the bottom line of the company very much since you will be selling so many of these new X3's.

Sincerely,

Disappointed ///M Fan

P.S. I know there will be a bonafide X3///M in the future, please at least give that car the option for a Manual Transmission too!
Lol! Nice thread bomb. I feel your pain but BMW doesn't care about car enthusiasts. It's been about market share and revenue for several years now. I'm actually happy BMW car sales are cratering.

I hope management pays attention and rethinks their softening of car designs. BMW has truly squandered their reputation as the "ultimate driving machine."

Realistically near term, I see BMW turning into a majority sporty SUV/Crossover brand.
Appreciate 0