05-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #28
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Yikes, a 2hr drive? I'm curious to see what it will even be like. It's taking place at the local dealership that doesn't have much room for a course other than the local streets and access to a busy freeway. Would have been nice if they held the event some where that you can really stomp on the pedal.
Guess the dealers that are closer to me are to frugal to pay BMW to have them bring the event to them. Or maybe BMW goes by sales volume? Who knows?

I see they schedule a ride for every vehicle once every 10 minutes, so it must be for only a few miles at most. I know the dealer in Bakersfield certainly doesn't have any decent roads around it. Probably go a couple blocks, get on the 99 south for one exit then 2 blocks back to the dealer. Oh boy!!!
As I'm sitting here thinking about it now, I may just wait till later in August when one of the two local dealers near me may get an X3M for a proper test ride. When I was at the 1 day M School last month at the BMW Performance Center in Thermal, CA, they had an X3M and a camouflaged X5M parked behind a fence where we weren't allowed to enter. One of the instructors said the X3M is quite impressive on the track.
Anyway, let us know how it goes tomorrow. Enjoy.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00