View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #21
supernova1
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 x28i

Thanks to this post I ordered NuShield film for my 2013 X3 8" navigation screen. Several points:

- Film was a bit smaller (by about 1/16") than the screen size. When I talked to NuShield rep, we acknowledged that this is indeed the case, and it is designed for people to be able to remove the film. I agree with his explanation now;

-The best way to install film is to start from one side, and let it gently and slowly fall onto the screen section by section. This way any surface dust reveals itself right away. Film immediately attaches to a clean LCD surface;

-Film is easy to be completely or partially removed, and use a sticky tape to clean any residual dust particles, and re-attache it again;

-When I used a compressed air can, it spilled a bit of its liquid propellant on the film, and left some permanent surface marks there;

-When it was installed, film is a bit too glossy to my taste. You can see reflections of surrounding in it. It takes some time to get used to;

-Film does excellent job in sun reflection removal. It is almost like a miracle when you see part of the screen lit up by the sun, and yet entire LCD image is clearly visible.

Overall I am happy with the film quality, although it took me some effort to install it without large dust particles. It just I could not find a dust-free environment around for a cleaner installation.
Appreciate 0