Thread: X3M to E90 M3
View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 09:48 AM   #8
Bimma360
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, E36 M3

An M SUV will never give you the same experience an M sedan/coupe will give you. If you can tolerate the older interior styling and feel, I can't see how you would enjoy any of the M cars you listed less than the X3M. Especially if you prefer the feel of the older cars.

I have owned and driven plenty of old M cars. I recently had the X3M in for service and the dealer gave me an i4 as a loaner. Although I care very little about electric cars, and the X3M is the better car in almost every way, the SUV just doesn't even come close to the sedan experience. No I would never take a non M sedan over the X3M, but driving that i4 for a few days really solidified my opinion on the X3M even further. It's awesome for what it is, and depending on someone's use case it might be the best choice. But no, it doesn't hold a candle to a sedan. Anyone that thinks it does is fooling themselves.

Having said that, I'd say go big. Just get the E60 M5. Know that you may need to drop some serious money on it for the maintenance, and just enjoy the heck out of it.
Appreciate 1