United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
sfax,

great post

wait for 10k miles when the motor is run in and then you'll see good mpg

I'm concerned about the offset pedals (BMW are idiots, how can they screw it up) I hope you find a suitable driving position and pls keep us posted.

Steering feel - and I don't mean resistance to turn wheel but how natural does it feel and can you feel what the tyres are doing in relation to the road?

Enjoy your new car
Thanks, some caveats on my comments:

Offset/Comfort. I'm 6' 3" so the offset / comfort might be less of an issue if your legs are shorter than mine

Steering. A lot of you guys have lots of BMW experience and experience with larger cars. I don't have any BMW experience and I've only owned VW Golfs up until now. I expect the steering to feel different on a much heavier and bigger car than my 3-door GTI. It is different but I like it. I think if I had a 28i or a 35i I would opt for VDC but I just don't think it's necessary in a 20d. I don't intend to drive the car like a sports car so I don't need it to feel like one. If you test drive an X3 with no VDC or VSS and you don't like the steering then go for VSS or VDC if you have the budget. For me, I'm glad I didn't.

Oh and tailgate - Forgot this one. Lots of people have said they found it too heavy but I don't have a problem with it and neither does the wife so far. We're both pretty fit, 31 and 33, I still remember what the gym looks like and she's very active . Will let you know if my opinion changes but absolutely no regrets for not getting a powered tailgate.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0