05-08-2017, 12:06 AM   #31
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
The problem is I don't see any evidence that it is the air-based system from the X5 with active roll stabilization which is where the big gains are made in both performance and comfort.
Yup. Active anti-roll bars takes comfort to amazing height. Adaptive dampers alone aren't enough for supreme ride quality.

In the press G30 5-Series fitted with Adaptive Drive(active stabilisers) have received exceptional praise for ride quality. It's almost 3 times more expensive than VDC but on my rough and uneven local roads it will be worth it. Last year I had the G12 7-Series for 3 days and it certainly raised the benchmark for the ride quality my wife and I want in our next X3. Fingers crossed the G01 X3 has Adaptive Drive and comfort seats as an option to make it a true luxury car.

Lastly, I hope BMW will support Android Auto. I have now been using it for 2 month in my second car its utterly fantastic. Anytime I enter the car, it already knows where I want to go, shows me the ETA, and even gives me related traffic warnings on my phone 15-30min before departure.

Yes, Apple Car Play is available, I've tried it too but it is just a grid of icon and nowhere as helpful or easy to use as Android Auto