Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Now that you mention it ...

Is ///M " even necessary " ?

If I was a person working in the M division whose job is to make high performance automobiles and I got to play with making cars quicker/better/faster, I don't think I would turn down work ... : Would you ?

Perhaps you also weren't aware that the competition is making vehicles like the Macan, and a new smaller version, as well as models from Audi and Mercedes ?
The XM models are necessary as they are known at BMW as the Volume M models since the introduction of the E70/E71.
Both generations of XM models are successful and contribute exceptional numbers for BMW M. There is a market for further and downsized performance SUVs as well with BMW M. That is why X1/X2 will come with M Performance option at the compact segment as will MINI with the Countryman/Countryman Coupe.

The X3 is in a prime position so there are options on the table as well as the Full High Performance X3 M which we see here.
As well as the X3 M there will be an M Performance model, A more entry performance level aimed at the Mercedes-Benz GLC AMG43 and
there will be an iPerformance PHEV model.

But here is where things become interesting, they are evaluating the market especially if the market would be ready for an X3 as a European M Performance M50d using the upcoming upgraded Tri-Turbo engine? Or indeed the Power eDrive X3 M50e?
The key to those is whether the X3's segment can sustain such high performance models in the entry class? Or leave them exclusively to the X5.

The implementation of composites and light weight materials within the load weight bearing areas will give the X3/X3M a slightly over 100KG weight reduction with the M having slightly more.
One clever piece of disguise is the formed rear shell at that covers the rear quarter of the car including disguising the sharper lines and rear glasshouse making them appear more rounded compared to the sharper looking front section. A new BMW X4 will also feature with a BMW X4M and we should start seeing that in standard prototype shortly.
The new X3 ushers in the new BMW SAV design language.

By 2018 the entire BMW X portfolio will have been renewed,refreshed and expanded right on schedule for future SUV market growth projections.
The market will grow for SUVs.

I was being facetious , I'm already in favor.

I've got no reason to hold back ///M... Thanks for the added info !

A
Appreciate 0