View Single Post
      03-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #66
flyga3
Geboren zu Fahren!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 X3

Garage List
Thanks again ///Mposter for these instructions. It sure helps having a set of steps to follow.

Just wanted to update this thread regarding the parking brake light issue.
I did NOT have any issue with the parking brake nor the light appearing after install. Here is what I did after the replacement procedure:

1) I did not open the door nor activate the onboard computer during the entire install.
2) Once the parts installed, I opened the door (car off) and manually pumped the brakes back to firm.
3) I preformed the "Rear Brake Service" reset, BEFORE starting the X3. I did NOT touch the parking brake at any time.
4) Once reset, I started the X3 and followed normal pad break-in procedure.
5) Drove a good 10 miles, ran a few errands with 2-3 stops.
6) Every restart of the X3 was normal.
7) Once home, with the engine on, I set the parking brake. It took maybe 1-2 seconds longer than normal, but engaged normally. Then disengaged and it went off normally. Tried it again, and now it set at its normal speed. This was the FIRST time I used the parking brake since install.

So a though here is to: not instigate the computer during install, drive the car normally with at least 1-2 engine stop/starts. THEN engage the parking brake for the FIRST time. This way the system knows the service has rest, is operating normally, and when its time to use the Parking brake, no issue.

Just wanted to share my experience as a data point.
2005 R53 MINI Cooper S (retired)
2002 E53 X5 3.0 (retired), 1999 E46 328i (retired)
Appreciate 0