Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
Try unplugging, then replugging old sensors.

Believe they are three stages. Sensor wire with no resistance runs to outside of sensor with another wire with resistance runs parallel and to the inside of other wire. Before wear current runs through outside wire. When the sensor wears enough its cuts through outside wire. Current then runs through resistance causing drop in current which computer picks up. Finally if it wears through that wire causing no current flow and warning that "Everybody is gonna die of massive brake failure"
I just ran into the Reset Unsuccessful message after replacing the rear brake sensor (with sensors purchased from eBay and shipped from Hong Kong but look exactly the same as OEM ones), then I read that you could reset the sensor by shorting the two wires, so I got the old sensor, cut the wires, spliced them together and tried resetting: Then it changed to Reset Impossible! So I got the OEM sensors from the front that I had saved from a previous trip to the dealership where they unnecessarily replaced the sensors and used those, but still will not reset. Any ideas???
Are you saying you jumpered both front and rear sensors at the same time and you were still unsuccessful ? If not, that might do the trick.
Attached Images