08-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
Bora20
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3 3.0si M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
BMW is going the way of mercedes IMO. They should make the 3, and 5 series smaller, and do away with all X models except the X5, which should also go on a diet. Im sure many disagree, but i preferred when the model line was simple. I had an original x5 that i since traded in for a Q5 because the X5 became too large, and the X3 (pre face lift) was just too ugly. Also, ///M division is not AMG. Every model does not need a high performance version. The x3M is just dumb if you ask me. If you want to make a performance version, use the "is" designation instead.
No manufacturer will ever make a car smaller than the previous generation. Customers are always asking for more space. The X5 and X3 got bigger, so we got the X1.

Look at the Ford Explorer over the years. It was small, then it got bigger, then it replaced the Expedition, then they built the Escape (about the same size as the original Explorer) to fill in the void.

Also, some of us don't need a vehicle as large as the X5 and 3 series wagons are very scarce and don't carry quite the same amount of cargo as a X3.

I personally would love to see a X3M. There are already X5M and X6M, so what would be the issue? If BMW can make money at it, you will be damn sure that they will build it. I would, it only makes business sense.

This is full to the front seats and very close to the roof.