View Single Post
      04-14-2022, 01:17 PM   #7
bear1m
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunablue1 View Post
Not sure how much belief I would put in anything written in the Sun- especially an opinion piece. I did a quick CTRL+F through the referenced 271 page report (link: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ec...n-Plan-eng.pdf)

There was nothing in there to support the monetary figures suggested by the writer. In fact, the only reference to broadening the existing tax is on pg 192:

So yes, the report suggests that new fuel-inefficient vehicles may be taxed at a higher rate when purchased new, at some point uncertain point in time. The article is written as though the tax would be an annual expense. I also don't think anyone that can afford an X3M would be so affected by an additional $1,000-$2,000 tax increase that it would deter them from their purchase.

As always, I encourage anyone to conduct their own independent review of source documents prior to jumping to any conclusions or relying on opinion pieces.
agreed! and...if it pushes anyone to buy their x3mc/x4mc sooner, it was a worthwhile post.
Appreciate 0