chimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4|2021 X4MC|2022 X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichmond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
While true, those vehicles are almost never discussed here as cross shop potentials.
Will have to agree to disagree. Those are the four that were and are (most) often linked in buying decisions. Different priorities for different people, though. Some have more brand loyalty than preference for size or price (so compare X3M and X5M), others are not too price sensitive (so a $50k+ difference between the X3M and Cayenne is not decisive), etc.
I had a 2019 GLC 63 AMG and both my 2021 and 2022 X4MC's are better in every single way save for one - the beautiful sounding engine and exhaust. I honestly almost kept the GLC 63 just for the sound but I could not pass up the price I was offered.

Also, the GLC 63 and the X4MC were very similar in terms of the overall ride. Not sure I completely understand the complaints about the ride quality. Then again, I have a 2015 M4 lowered with the M performance suspension. You have to check the fillings in your teeth after driving that thing around town.

But I cannot remember a time thinking to myself while driving the X4MC that it was uncomfortable in any way. I suppose it is just what you are accustomed to. My brother has a 2020 F-Pace SVR and I cannot say the ride quality versus the X4MC is all that different. Maybe I am just numb at this point.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00