View Single Post
      01-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #24
Deano58_BMWX3
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport F25

Hey tracer. Yeah I checked a couple of places with the multimeter, the power to the passenger seat module and to both of the rear seat switches and they have power to them.

I'm not sure if a multimeter works to check the LIN_BUS (yellow coloured wire) with a Multimeter. From what I see on the internet you need some special analytical tool to properly check the LIN_BUS?.

I attached photos of the rear seat switches, passenger seat and AUC Sensor that I checked and put an arrow to the LIN_BUS wire (Yellow) – that’s according to the previous photos.

I also put this link that gives a simple breakdown of the LIN_BUS and CAN_BUS – (simple – yeah right – hahah). But seeing that there is a Master and a Slave confuses me more and maybe there is an issue with the Slave and thus that row of components don’t work? I’m not sure which part is the Slave on this line – if there is even one.

https://www.csselectronics.com/pages...l-intro-basics

.... and again I'm really just trying to trouble shoot with a very very limited knowledge (okay none) on LIN_BUS and CAN_Bus so if anyone knows that stuff please HELP!!! haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0