View Single Post
      01-23-2022, 10:05 AM   #18
Michael19887
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i & 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked335d View Post
Good inside info guys. Test drove the 2022 X3MC yesterday and agree that seats are a bit harsh and narrow even for my 5' 10" 170lbs body. Summer tires during 25F temp out felt like bricks. Want to test drive an M40I X3 hopefully without runflat tires as a comparison.

Either I will go for the X3MC and swap out springs to MSS and tires to A/S.
The other option is to go for the X3M40i without runflats and tune the car for a bit more power. Driving around NYC area requires a bit more comfort setup vs track oriented sport setup for me especially when a kid and wife are involved.
For the X3MC, I would recommend swapping out the tires to the MPS all seasons first. I started by first installing the MSS Springs and found them to be of poor quality with lots of clacking and clunking noises that wouldn't go away after several adjustments by the installer. MSS never responded with a solution after I sent in videos. I had them taken off my vehicle, put stock shocks and springs back in and threw them away. I tried the all seasons as a last resort before trading it in and the tires did the trick. Still firm as the car should be, but they took the harsh edge off of the ride and I absolutely love the car now. It's not jarring anymore for passengers in the back seat over potholes. No noticeable change in the excellent handling, steering, or braking during daily driving moving from the summers.
Appreciate 0