View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 02:01 PM   #16
Deano58_BMWX3
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport F25

Same Probelm

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this Thread and have the exact problem with my 2014 X3. Bought it last year with only 27,000 km (Like new) and when the cold hit I found that the driver’s side is okay but the front passenger side switch works but the seat doesn’t heat. Both back seat switches and seats don’t work. I hooked it up to the BMW Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner and got the same 7 codes as mentioned in this post. I’m kind of like everyone else and want to fix this myself rather than paying big bucks to the shop. I’m not an auto electrical engineer and really didn’t realize how complicated newer vehicle electronics but I did a lot of research and this is what I can up with.

I’ve also attached some images:

Image #1 shows the wiring to the seats and switches. The ones I’ve marked with the “Red X” show the fault codes that we are all getting. Everything, including the driver’s side seat comes from the Junction Box A34/Z1 however there appears to be a T Connector and “X227’1V” which goes to everything that isn’t working.

Image #2 shows what all the numbers and lines mean.

Image #3 shows the location in the car’s wiring harness where the junction of X227”1V is located.

Image #4 shows the location of Junction Box A34 and A34’1B which in the glove box.

Image #5 shows the location of Z1 to Junction Box A34 and A34’1B

I’m not sure why everything after the junction of X227’1V isn’t working and whether it’s an electronic issue or the physical connection at that junction. I’m not even sure what kind of connection it is. Something has to be going on at that point being the driver’s seat works fine and everything on X227’1 doesn’t.

I haven’t had a chance to see if I could get to the area of the connection of X227’1V to see if that’s the problem.

I may also be in left field on this being I really don’t fully understand how LIN components work and link with each other. But with some of you replacing the passenger seat module with no results, it appears that all of the components are in good shape but not communicating for some reason.

Anyway I thought I’d add this to the post in hopes that we could figure this out and save some money taking it into the shop. It may be a simple thing?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1